Comment on page
Curvance: A Crosschain Yield Optimized Lending Protocol
A new way to earn yield and unlock the full power of your liquidity
Curvance is a crosschain lending market for yield-bearing assets and any other ERC-20 tokens on Ethereum, Polygon zkEVM, Base, Arbitrum, and Optimism and aspires to establish itself as the de-facto money market for any ERC-20 token.
The most defining feature of DeFi is the concept of composability. Thanks to smart contract architecture and programmability, various protocols and applications can interact with one another in a standardized way, enabling the development of innovative and sophisticated financial products.
A great example of DeFi composability are the decentralized exchanges (DEXs) with vote-escrowed token models. These are well-established DeFi products using proven token models for alignment between Liquidity Providers and stakeholders of the DAO.
These token models and other DeFi innovations have led to the development and surge of an entire industry around governance tokens and yield-bearing assets. This includes governance aggregators, bribe platforms, auto-compounders, and other yield-optimizing products, each with its distinct approach.
Among these innovative offerings are examples like Pendle’s Yield Tokens, GMX’s GLP, and other long-tail assets. Consider Curvance as the solution to be the proper money market they’ve been looking for.
The goal of Curvance is to become DeFi’s end-game and the de-facto everything app for lending and yield.
As DeFi continues its growth trajectory and more sophisticated yield-generating products are built upon existing DeFi infrastructure, the market size and prevalence of yield-bearing assets are expected to expand significantly.
In this evolving landscape, Curvance assumes a pivotal role, facilitating the continued growth of DeFi by empowering users to leverage these assets through borrowing, thus amplifying their capital efficiency and opening doors to new opportunities.
A key component of this vision is Curvance's crosschain strategy for it to become a versatile platform capable of capturing opportunities across various chains and ecosystems. This agility and adaptability enable Curvance to tap into different flywheels.
As a result, Curvance can cater to a broader range of users and leverage the strengths of different yield-bearing asset markets, maximizing its revenue potential.
The revenue derived from the platform is enough to outpace the emissions, making Curvance a sustainable platform.
The end goal is to become the de-facto yield market that caters to the entire DeFi audience, from regular users to DeFi powerhouses. This mission starts with the support and integration of the biggest revenue generators in DeFi. Additionally, the omnichain strategy enables Curvance to easily expand to new venues that are in demand.
The Curvance money market capitalizes on the extensive composability of yield-bearing assets and ERC-20, which allows for tokenized treasuries, tokenized NFT markets, and other primitives to borrow against. This provides users with enhanced capital efficiency while optimizing yields on their holdings via peer-to-peer lending.
On Curvance, users can earn a higher Annual Percentage Rate (APR) on assets compared to their native platforms, as well as unlock liquidity by securing loans against these assets.
Hence, Curvance can be regarded as the final, top layer for DeFi yield.
- Fat-dApp thesis - An all-in-one platform for yield optimization including auto-compounding, higher APRs on supplied assets, and the ability to take out loans.
- Support for any ERC-20 token - Curvance is founded with the aim of unlocking further capital efficiency on yield-bearing assets. The modular approach of the vault technology allows the support of any ERC-20 token. The platform can integrate any protocol and any market with ease as long there is sustained and proven demand from users.
- Security First - The markets are secured using a dual oracle system, circuit breaker functionalities, and audits by notable firms to ensure utmost stability and user trust.
- Modular Architecture - Curvance is built with composability in mind. The implementation of ERC-4626 vaults allows for a standardized approach and opens the opportunity for other parties to come in and build their solutions on top of Curvance.
- Cross-chain Equivalence - Aligned with a multichain world, the platform is built using Wormhole’s tech stack to deploy on multiple chains. This includes its money market and accompanying gauges.
- Improved Tech Stack - The platform is built from the ground up featuring crosschain voting, liquidity routing, a custom liquidation engine, and improved tokenomics.
Upon TGE, Curvance will be live on Arbitrum, Optimism, Ethereum, Base, and Polygon zkEVM. By being crosschain from the start, Curvance places itself at the center of the multichain DeFi ecosystem and aligns itself with similar protocols.